|Console²:||Home Revision History Feedback Screenshots Contributors Source Code Bugs|
|Console Filter:||Home Revision History Feedback|
- Install Console Filter
- Restart Firefox
- Go to Tools → Error Console
- 2010-03-17: Console Filter 0.3.3 released
- 2008-09-19: Console Filter 0.3.2 released
- 2008-02-21: New homepage for Console Filter
The filter syntax is basically "Google Lite" The messages in the console are searched for all terms entered (AND search), but must not contain any terms preceded by a minus sign (NOT search). Terms inside quotations marks must be found in that order (exact phrase).
error -expect "declaration dropped"
Additionally, there are a few special category filters:
- @css (CSS errors only),
- @xml (XML/XUL/XBL/HTML errors only), and
- @- (messages and strict warnings only).
These can be enabled through about:config (recommended for Firefox 1.5 and above).
The filter textbox can be focused (and its content selected) through the hotkeys [Ctrl]+[K] (as the Web Search bar - opposing to [Ctrl]+[L] for the evaluation field) and [Ctrl]+[Q].
The current filter is saved between sessions, as is a list of up to ten permanent filters. To add a filter to that list, confirm it with [Return]. To remove it again, just right-click on it.
CompatibilityOfficially supported applications: Firefox, Thunderbird, and SeaMonkey.
Console Filter can also be installed in Mozilla Suite, Netscape 7/8/9, Flock, Sunbird, eMusic Remote, and Nvu; however this is for the convenience of the users of minority applications and no support will be provided if Console Filter does not work in these applications.
Console Filter 0.3.3
This release version works with Firefox 1.0 to 3.7a, Thunderbird 1.0 to 3.2a1, SeaMonkey 1.0 to 2.1a1, and most probably the current trunk/branch nightlies.
- [update] maxVersion bump for current Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey trunk nightlies.
Console Filter 0.3.2
This release version works with Firefox 1.0 to 3.1b1, Thunderbird 1.0 to 3.0b1, SeaMonkey 1.0 to 2.0a1, and most probably the current trunk/branch nightlies.
- [fix] On Trunk 1.9.1 the config.dtd does not have the |show.all| entity.
Console Filter 0.3.1
This release version works with Firefox 1.0 to 3.0.*, Thunderbird 1.0 to 3.0a, SeaMonkey 1.0 to 2.0a, and most probably the current trunk/branch nightlies.
- [new] maxVersion bump for Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey nightlies.
- [fix] Typo in the XPFE/SeaMonkey keyset ID.
- [fix] Better way of dealing with a missing keyset ID in Firefox 1.0.
- [nit] Update the Array.prototype.map implementation (for Gecko 1.7 applications) to match the reference implementation on DevMo.